Ok, I am not going crazy. I know you are thinking, "Jody, you are at home". True. But not, at the same time.
I am a Lower mainland transplant from the world's largest hamlet, Sherwood Park, Alberta. My name is Jody and I am an Albertan. "Hi Jody"... :)
I have now claimed the beauty of BC as the place I want to stay, but there is just something special about the town you grew up in, if you liked it that is, and I did!
I miss the snow, the refinery pollution blowing over my community, the leg. grounds, skating outdoors- on ponds, skiing down hills that take more time to ride the T-bar back up then it did to fly down the hill, the traffic circles (not roundabouts), and people watching at WEM. I treasure the memories, and facebook allows me to reconnect with friends from the past, so I get to go back via computer transactions. It is not the same and that is not what I am talking about.
I am going home twice in the next 30 days! One trip is to hear a world renowned speaker, John Maxwell. I will also be reconnecting with old friends! The second trip is a road trip through Alberta, 7 days in length! Plenty of time to see the nephews, brother, in-laws, friends, and my old stompin' grounds. But the best part of the second trip is the fact that I get to sing with the Black-gospel Choir I used to sing with!! We are the whitest "black" choir you have ever seen! (I will post videos when I get home... we are good too!) We are having a reunion weekend; it was 10 years ago that we last performed together. Singing with the choir was one of my favorite memories from when I was in high school. It was so much fun! I made great friends, and I was part of an amazing piece of history!
I have known about this weekend for about a year, but now it sunk in, I'm going home to sing! I was stoked when I heard about it too, but now it is only a few weeks away!
I truly hope you have the same fondness for pieces of your past; people, places, smells, views that get you stoked about revisiting; there is nothing like it!
I would love to hear about your home town. What made it so great?!
(PS- no I don't have asthma! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment