Thursday, September 3, 2009

time passes

Have you ever had a day in your life that altered how you thought about life? How you cherish the gift of life? How you chose to live your life?

This day five years ago I started to see life differently; I was at a friend's place having dinner and talking about a children's program when the phone rang. I didn't pay attention to the conversation, as I pretended to not eavesdrop. Then he hung-up the phone, and my heart broke. I had just chatted with him on MSN a few days previously. Only two weeks before that we said good-bye and had talked about adventures we were going to take. My best friend was gone, killed in a car accident the night before. My world all of a sudden stopped; it would never be the same; there was a brand-new hole in my heart.

Our friends are not supposed to die! I was only 25! It is not how life is supposed to happen!

It took time to lessen the hurt. It took time for me to learn that life can change at a moment's notice, any time. It took time to feel like I could breathe again.

But that was then, and this is now. This evening I sit in my apartment, with my lap-top, with a life that has moved on, and not as it was five years ago; with a life that is changed because of this day five years ago, the day my friend took his last breath and felt his last heart beat.

I now am a business owner, and a success! I have amazing friends, a great peer-group, amazing relationship with my parents, and most of all I have grown up.

I challenge you, when you realize that time has passed you too, to look back with peace in your heart, no matter what the past is; God's peace will set you free. Breathe. Remember the good times and the lessons learned, it is the memories that we can take with us, that mould us and in turn determine how we live our life...

It is not the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breaths away!

Live life with passion, with conviction, with pizzaz! It is way too short to miss one moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment