Tuesday, October 13, 2009

a gold star moment



A blue ribbon for a science project, a gold star for great work on a school paper, a smilie face for a memory verse recited perfectly, no matter what the reward my life was changed. Today was another one of these proud moments; one that changed my perspective on life. I know in time the novelty will most likely wear off, but till then I am choosing to live in the moment and hold my head high knowing that I have accomplished something great and now have the ability to change the lives of people around me; what an honour!

I was presented with a gold name tag, of my very own, with my name engraved on it! I pulled off the paper sticker name tag with determination and zest! I have earned a permanent ID, and it is gold! That was the only thing that changed this evening; I was presented with an object that represents my hard work and future success, and it caused my perspective to change. I am full of pride for achieving my goals. I have a new drive in my heart to go at my goals.

Who knew that at age 30 I could still get so stoked about the recognition that comes with a gold "star" (AKA- name tag)? I sure didn't. I was not ready for this new perspective on life; I thought I would get the name tag and things would be the same, and they may be, but tonight I am proud and holding my head high because...

I had a gold start moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment