Saturday, May 2, 2009

being taken care of...

Recently I have decided to "fast" my finances, meaning I am going to be loyal to giving my tithe to the church, and start donating some to offering too, on every-other pay day.

The first time I did this I some how ended up with $232 extra, that mathematically I should not have had, as it should have been already used  either in paying bills or given in tithe.

The following payday was rough. I was not sure where my money was going to come from, or even how much was to come to me. It ended up that I was $3 short of paying my bills, not food money, not gas money, just the monthly bills that come out of my account every month. I found a little extra in another account to make up the difference.

The next time I paid Tithe, it was smaller than the first one, but it too left me with very little in my bank account.

The second time I needed to pay bills, on a non-fasting payday, I determined earlier in the week that I needed $850 on that payday to scrape by. After all the money came in I found that I had received $857 that week. Again I was being taken care of!

The tithe amount was smaller, yet accurate on the third time I did this. I made sure it was paid first, before my other bills were addressed. The bills were paid fully too.

The third time I needed to pay bills was going to be a lot harder, as it was the first time the non-fasting week landed on a week right before the big, first of the month, bills were due. The money came in, the friday before the bills were due. I was about $100 short to just pay the minimum bills the following week. This meant I could not spend any of the money from my debit account, and I will still be short money on the first of the month.

I have also taken on a substitute teaching position at a local school. I have been told not to depend on getting paid close to the dates that I work; the pay will show up in my account, almost, randomly. With this piece of information in my head I did not expect what happened next.

I looked at my account on Thursday morning. It was still about $100 short of what I needed on Friday morning. On Friday morning I went to see how much was taken out and I saw that my account was larger than it was the day before, so I looked into it farther. From what I could tell i was paid for one of my days at the school: $75. The bank took its' fees out, and I still had enough to pay the bills coming out on that day sometime.

The bank transfered my money to pay my bills, and after my rent cheque is taken out, I will have $15 left over in my account!

I don't know how to explain it except it is the work of God. One week I was $3 short, the next time $7 up, and the out of no where money is unexpectedly put into my account at EXACTLY the right time!

I don't care what other people call it I call it Divine Intervention! In the bible it tells us we need to donate 10% of our income, and through that act of giving we will be blessed. I can honestly tell you I have been!

He cares even for the life of a little sparrow, and I know he cares for me; I am being taken care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment