Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength"
I used to think that this meant that the bad things in the world, that Jody can not handle, would not happen to me. What I know now is so much more inspiring; it is not that the events in life that would be way to much for me to handle won't happen, it is that I will have the strength to deal with all of the events that do- no matter the situation- if I lean on His strength, and not mine.
Through the years, for many reasons I have questioned my purpose on earth, why events happen, and what path I should take. Through divine intervention the next verse was shown to me, and has made all the difference in my world!
Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
This one shows me and gives me comfort that the reason I am here is for His purpose, and that I can relax and have great hope in the fact that He hears my cries; He is not out to sabotage me; He has my best interests in mind!
I have come to a conclusion recently, during a time of big changes in my world, that when these two bible promises are working together I can only have great confidence in the fact that God is working for me, not against me. Also, that He will provide me the strength, if I ask, to get through all of the challenges, questions, road blocks, opportunities, changes, deaths, celebrations, and everything else that will come up in my path.
With this newfound knowledge I am going to be unstoppable! Look out world... Jody is on her way!
I take great comfort in this partnership of verses. What brings your soul comfort? Peace? Rest?
No comments:
Post a Comment