Recently a really great opportunity has come into my path. It is one where I get to inspire, in all of the afore mentioned ways and maybe more. I cannot wait to see how it turns out!
But tonight, I was impressed to leave my radio off on my way home from work, which is an hour drive and I decided to talk with the creator of the universe instead. If this last hour of my life were a movie, it would have been a long monologue where I sit in the drivers' seat of my car and appear to talk to myself, out loud, for a long time. I was thankful. I was funny (as usual). I questioned. I pleaded. I thanked Him some more. I laughed out loud too (That image I may share with you later! [cheer]). I questioned some more. In the end, I was inspired. This conversation went on even after I was no longer in my car. Some may say I am crazy for using my time like that, and others will be jealous. No matter your response, I got home safe with a clear conscious, hope in my heart, confidence in my actions, and a Heavenly father smiling down on me because I took the time to talk to him. No matter your beliefs, you cannot explain away what happens in my heart, my life, my confidence levels, my perspective, and my commitment to what I do, that I experience after a session of prayer (either out loud in my car, in my head before bed, or in nature somewhere). The more I speak with him, the more I want to speak with him. I don't get it, I just know He is there hearing every word and thought before I do. I long for that connection.
There was one time, when I was not getting along with one of my co-workers at summer camp and I did this talking to God thing in my car. It was the first time I had tried this. That time was a little different. it started with a timid Jody, feeling weird about what she was doing, but that soon changed. I yelled. I cried. I questioned. I roll-played. I cried some more. I did this all while I was driving to the work site, knowing once I got there I needed to be able to work with this particular person for the next two months. By the time I arrived at the camp (about an hour from my house, hundreds of tears later) I was free of the burden. I could breathe again. I saw the situation differently. I was inspired to change how I dealt with the situation and how I interacted with her. I had a new found peace in my heart. I never did take those cares to the person, as I knew that I would not present them in an appropriate manner, she was just as stubborn and prideful as I was, and I was angry and hurt deep inside. I knew it would be all out war if I didn't come at our situation from a calm, level headed perspective. I never did tell her what I went through on that day, in my car. I didn't have to, some how things straightened themselves out, and we actually became good friends over the duration of those 10 weeks. I believe, no, I know it was all because of that prayer in my car. * If you know who you are... I am thankful that we are friends now. As you know, God did a miracle in our hearts that summer. Thanks for being my friend!*
I praise Jesus for how prayer works, I don't need to know how it works, I just need to know it does!
When was the last time you were inspired? Tell me about it.
The last time I was inspired was this morning - after reading this blog! Thanks, Jody!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff Jody! I will be sure to add your blog to my blog roll :)
ReplyDeleteRemember when we used to go swimming all the time. Good times!!