Friday, March 27, 2009

blessings

Blessed. I believe that each one of us is blessed. It is a blessing just to be in existence. Think about all of the "unfertilized people" that could have been, but you were selected to be here and they weren't. I think that is pretty special. 

As we each go through the various stages of life, infant, child, youth, young adult, adult, senior citizen we have the opportunity to learn stuff and grow from life events. It is more-so after high school that we start trying to find our niche in the society we live in and are part of. Where do we fit? What job should I have? Whom, or should, I marry? Why me? Why not me? What if...? How can I...? Kids? No kids? I don't like my job, what should I do about it, if anything? Where should I live? How do I achieve my goals, dreams, and aspirations? These are only the start of the thousands of life pondering questions people ask themselves, regularly,  as they get older.

I find that at each milestone we pass we have the honour of looking back on a portion or the whole of our life story and celebrate the successes, learn from the mistakes, and start a new chapter or sub-title in our book. I see both successes and learning experiences as blessings, as these help mold us into who we will become; the person we are today.

Recently, I have had the opportunity to look back and see how very blessed I actually am. I have people who love me. I have a job(more than one actually). I have successfully lived on my own for eight years. I just got a raise in pay at work. My dreams and goals seem to be falling into place. I have friends that can make me laugh so hard I cry. I believe that God is taking care of all of us whether we acknowledge Him or not; He is there waiting for us to accept His gift of grace and forgiveness- this lifts a huge burden off one's chest when this gift is accepted. 

Now, I sit in the silence of my bedroom with a smile on my face, a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart, and quietly thank God for all of the blessings that have been granted to me.

"Thank-you, for everything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment