I will not open the lid before the instructions say so. I can do this! I have 20 minutes to go now. When will this torture be over? WHEN! Every time I look at the pot I think, "I better check it so it doesn't burn to the bottom (again)". I don't though. Don't look over, Jody. Stay strong! Why does stuff that is good for you have to teach you lessons, and usually take so long to complete? Grrrr!
Finally the timer went off! I still can't open it up, as I just need to re-set the timer and start making the rest of the meal. Okay, so the instructions say 10 more minutes. I am going to only put 8, that way it should be done and I should be able to save it from the trip directly to the garbage can, instead it will take the scenic route. Go check the timer. It must be time. It's not, but it is getting close! Yea! There it is, the timer has gone off. Open it! Open it! Now stir it... Shoot! stuck to the bottom; it is not black and crusty though, so good job, Jodes! "Thanx!" *Self- High-five!*
Rice, it tests how strong your will is. Can you persevere, or will you give in to the pressure of doing what you have been told you cannot do. It is like when your friend says, "don't look now, but that guy behind you is the one I told you about from High school where he took his pants off to get his name on a trophy of a woman's leg * AKA Miss Grey Mug!*" You know the first think you are going to do is look! So why do they force you to not touch the lid to that pot of rice for 50 minutes? That is a long time! I conquered the rice tonight. I just hope I can next time!
Happy cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment