I did not go to church much, just when family came around, but I knew that Jesus was a big part of what went on at church. I knew "Jesus Love Me", "Jesus loves the little children" (also known as Jesus loves little Jody!), and "Zacheous was a wee little man". As you can see I totally understood the whole religion thing early on! Or not. I'll tell you why. For the longest time, like years, I could not figure out how there were pictures of Jesus in churches- or any where for that matter. No, really. He was God and (in my head then) no one had ever seen God, so if Jesus is God how can we have any pictures of him at all.
I slowly got a better grip on the whole thing as I started to actually attend church in grade seven. I then came to understand that Jesus is the Human form of God and actually walked the earth with normal people like you and me. that is how there are pictorial concepts of him. But I still love how children try so hard to understand what we think they understand, but can't, as the concepts are too abstract for their mind development at that time. I guess that is why we only teach the basics to the kids. It makes sense.
What ideas or comments have children (or yourself as a child) said to you, or done, that shows their effort at understanding the world around them? Tell me about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment