I believe, that on any given day, people try to look their best; this varies with the day and situations that person are facing. With that being said, depending on their resources (clothing, accessories, income), their state of mind (sickness, drugs, depression, etc.), the weather, their location (country, city), their natural attributes (hair, loss of hair, height, size, weight, eye sight, etc) social status, social grouping, and more will determine how one will dress for that day. No matter what the variables, I believe that everyone looks the best that they can for that day in time.
What I don't get, and may never understand is why people do what they do. The other day it was raining; there was even a thunderstorm. I was dropping a co-worker off at her house and I looked up and saw this lady with a plastic shopping bag all the way over her head. She was waiting to cross the street. The bag engulfed her whole head, front and back. She was even holding the handles in the front of her face to the point that she could breathe through the small opening near her hand and she could see out of only one of the handle holes to see where she was going. I don't know about how you were raised, but I was told never to put a plastic bag on my face, and especially don't hold there if i did. I understand that it was raining, but newspaper, old magazines, and even umbrella's from the dollar store work just as well, or even better than a plastic bag, which probably has small holes in the bottom, or now the top, of it any ways.
As you go through life don't judge people for what they do; they are doing the best they can with what they got on that day. Rather look into the soul of the person who is unique and smile, and love them for who they are. In God's eyes each one of us are special and deserve respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment