1) the candy itself. It was muck more fun as a child to put a substance in one's mouth that reacts with the saliva in the mouth and causes the product to actually pop. The entertaining part comes when one tries to speak while this popping sensation is taking place. It is also a sensation that makes my eyes tear. The taste of the candy isn't all that fabulous though. It is the popping that makes this candy worth my time.
2) then there is my favorite, the medical kind. The professionals hand you this cup of "special" pop-rocks, which you are to swallow, without liquid. This tends to be difficult, especially since the special pop rocks absorb all the saliva you got. You got to put it back as fast as you can, at that. Once you are able to get the stuff into your stomach the feeling of bloating sets in, but, here is the kicker of it all, you cannot burp. You must find a way to keep all that pending gas in your stomach till all the tests are complete. This is really hard to do. Every time you open your mouth and talk there is an undertone of popping coming from the depths of your insides, and for which you have no control over, except for the part of keeping your mouth closed in an attempt to keep the burps in you ever expanding gut. Again, the taste is nothing to be desired, but the results are kinda fun! I did have a lot of fun consuming this cup if special pop rocks! I don't recommend it, as they go with medical tests, which is the scary part of the whole thing, but at least the tests are... positive memories.
3) the last kind of pop rocks, that I have experienced, was on the outside of my face. That is no typing error; the outside of my face was the last place I have experienced a sensation such as this candy I speak of. I was going up a chair lift at a ski hill; it was raining, hailing and snowing. all of which were being pelted at my chin, as I decided against a scarf that evening due to the huge amounts of rain. The pieces of down pour were making contact with my wet, dripping, face. I was being pelted at the same rate that the popping sensation of pop rocks in the two afore mentioned pop rocks experiences. But this sensation was not subject only to the chair lift. It got to be more intense when skiing down the slush filled ski slope. I do not recommend this form of pop rocks; this one hurts. On that note, I do recommend skiing though. It is great exercise and s much fun!
No matter if you know what I speak of or are looking to experience all three, pop rocks has made it's way into my life, and now yours, and that's about all I have to say about that, for today.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment