Wednesday, March 18, 2009

pointed finger

Have you ever had a day where your flaws had been pointed out to you? You know, the "aha" day when you realize what you have been doing, for a while, is wrong. When something is said that makes you realize that what you have done in the past was not right and that something needs to change, immediately? I bet you can remember right now a day where this has happened to you too.

I love it though, how our conscience works like that. I love it how there is the whisper in the wind, a still small voice, that helps us through our personal and moral growth; the gut feeling that teaches you a lesson.

Today was one of those "pointed finger" "rotting gut" "teaching moment" days for me. What I did was done in innocence, but still it was not right. The best part of it is when I ask for forgiveness I am forgiven and the sin is forgotten, sent to the bottom of the deepest part of the sea! Never to be brought up again!

I am someone who learns lessons easily. I find this is especially true when my conscious plays a part in the teaching point. I know now that I will not make those mistakes again, and that I am a better professional for it! 

Do you learn from those moments, or do you let them pass you by without learning from them? 
*Just a thought for today*

No comments:

Post a Comment