Wednesday, March 18, 2009

me and my long neck

Have you ever had someone, or even yourself, notice that one part of your body is a little, let's say, awkward? I had one part of me pointed out by a doctor that makes me smile and I thought I'd share it with the world!

* I need to set this up with letting you know that just before the following event happened the doctor started by saying, "You look like a smart young lady" and then ended that spiel with me feeling quite insulted and feeling that he had set me up to throw me down. His statements were clear; I was not as smart as he thought; my opinions were wrong. So I already was not all that impressed with this doctor's people skills*

I went to the doctor for various things, one being the fact that I couldn't bend my neck without great pain; I couldn't bend it as far as I should be able to, or anywhere near that point for that matter. He poked at the area for about thirty seconds. I asked what he thought. He gave me the following answer...

"Your neck is too long. People with long necks get neck strain."

My neck is too long...?! What crazy diagnosis is that?!  What, all of a sudden, you know after twenty-nine years, my neck decides it can't hold my head up any  longer? Right! That is totally it! I don't know why I didn't think of it myself and save about thirty minutes of my life, which I could have spent deliberating what to do with my long neck. Honestly! Needless to say I will not return to this doctor, with my long neck. :)

So with that note, me and my long neck are out of here... I would love to hear the odd-ball comments people have made to you!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment